Thursday 19 February 2015

My g-rated fringe festival

I love this time of year in Perth. It is just so fun! Last night, Ed and I were having dinner at the Noodle Palace pre-show and I was wondering why I didn't get more into the Fringe Festival before having children. Turns out it only started in 2011 but just because I have children now, I don't have to miss out, I just have to change my focus.

There are a lot of late night shows and some which you have to be pretty open-minded about but there are actually plenty which are fun for the whole family. In my case, I have made this the whole extended family. If I can't fringe binge myself, I'll just share it around! 

gave my nieces and nephew tickets to something which is coming up on the weekend as a birthday gift and I organised for Ed and my brother to take Jennifer and my other nephew to see Peter Combe's show, "Wash Your Kids in Orange Juice." As you can see from the photo, Jennifer quite enjoyed it. I, of course, wish I could have been there but seeing a photo of her so happy might just be enough.

Then finally last night, Ed and I went to see Luke Ryan in "A Funny thing Happened on the Way to Chemo". It was great. Very funny. Brought back some good and bad memories but overall just made me laugh. He's got a few more shows which apparently aren't sold out, so if you're looking for something to go to, I recommend it. 

Actually, just go to anything or just go into Fringe World and have a drink. There is such a great atmposhere around the city at the moment and the shows are so cheap, you really can't go wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment